Accredited blogging diploma course
Blogging level 3 diploma
- £150 incl VAT. Payment options
- 2 x monthly payments of £75. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Cleland Thom
- A passion for sharing news and views
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 20-30 hours of study. You work at your own pace
- ABC | EADL | ABCC | IADL
- ABC Awards level 3 diploma
- Awarding body:
- ABC awards
I enrolled in the hope of being able to write to a professional level. I am very happy with the honest feedback, and feel I have developed as a result of it.The tutorial support was fantastic.
Graham Dermott: blogging course
I am very pleased with the course. I would recommend the course and organisation to anybody. Tutorial support was excellent: clear, concise, professional and fast feedback. The content was excellent. I learned such a lot.
Alistair McLauchlan: blogging course
I'm a big fan of CMP and wish more learning providers out there existed. Cleland is my kind of teacher ...
Online Degrees, Courses and Education review: blogging course
The course did what it said on the tin. The content was delivered in concise, interesting modules and the assignments were interesting to do and aided learning. I learned how to develop my own web voice. The tutorial support was outstanding.
Carol Martin: blogging course
Our online blogging course is for people who want to set up their own blog from scratch, or active bloggers wanting to sharpen their skills and improve their existing blog.
We equip you with the skills you need to build and maintain a top-quality blog that attracts visitors.
The course offers the chance to share your opinions and passions with the entire online community.
Without the right training and guidance, you run the risk of failure.
Our blogging course teaches you a proven way to get your blog up and running in a short amount of time, even if you are a complete beginner.
We also teach you how to generate ideas for posts and strategies for promoting your blog.
In addition, you will learn how to apply media law to blogging, so you avoid falling foul of the rules relating to libel and copyright.
Our comprehensive blogging course will teach you how to:
- identify a great subject to blog about
- create and design your blog using standard web tools
- write interesting, engaging and entertaining posts
- promote your blog on social media platforms and optimise it for search engines
- engage visitors, generate comments on your posts and increase site traffic
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback on every assignment.
When you graduate, you will receive the ABC awards certificate of achievment, and the accredited CMP diploma in blogging. Both qualifications are industry recognised, and prove you are a certified blogger.
Enquire about this course
We usually reply to enquiries within 30 minutes during office hours, and up to one working day during busier periods. Please check your spam / junk folders if you can't see our email in your inbox.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards, and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the subjects they have completed as part of the course.
This blogging course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme
We will also email you the fully accredited CMP diploma in blogging, which is an industry recognised qualification that proves you are a qualified blogger.
These awards will enable you to apply for blog writing and blog management jobs, develop your career, or help you find freelance work.
How does the course work?
Our courses are delivered online. This means you can study at a pace you're completely comfortable with and fit your course around your lifestyle.
You'll also benefit from having a personal course tutor who will mark your assignments, answer your questions and give helpful and friendly advice.
Blogging course subjects
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of blogging.
Lesson 01: Starting your blog
- Name, create and design your own blog, using standard web tools
- State some of the common terminology used in blogging
Lesson 02: What to write
- Identify the purpose of an effective posting
- How to research and form a valid opinion for each posting
- Create content about celebrities and VIPs
Lesson 03: Who to write for
- Define your blog’s target reader
- Adapt your content and writing style to suit their needs
Lesson 04: Writing techniques
- Make your postings clear, engaging and interesting
- Apply keywords effectively
Lesson 05: Getting noticed
- Ensure your blog is correctly listed
- Optimise your blog so that search engines find it
- Use social media and other tools to promote your blog and boost traffic
Lesson 06: Keeping your blog legal
- Understand and apply the laws that can affect bloggers
- Write controversial posts that keep within the laws of libel
- Apply copyright law correctly
Lesson 07: Maintaining and developing your blog
- Use tools and techniques to ensure your blog’s long-term popularity
- Draw up a social media action plan
Lesson 08: Live blogging
- Use tools to blog about live events from your smartphone or tablet
How long will it take?
The duration of this course is approximately 20-30 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you.
We offer complete flexibility, with no deadlines or time limits. This means you can study at a pace that you're completely comfortable with, and fit the course around your lifestyle.
On average, people take around one month to complete this course, but it doesn't matter if you take longer, each learner is different.
There are no set start dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
Course tutor: Cleland Thom
Editor | writer | blogger | web consultant | trainer
Intel |United Nations |NHS |Waitrose |Sony |World Trade Group
Cleland has provided writing training for some of the UK's biggest businesses and websites, including Intel, Sony and United Utilities.
He is a leading blogger, with a regular column at the Press Gazette which attracts thousands of hits every week. He also contributes to several other sites.
He will mark your work, answer your questions and give you friendly help and professional blogging advice.
This course gets results
Our blogging course students have won many awards and accolades:
- Sami Clara and Sara Larkham received a personal tweet from Lady Gaga after they reviewed her new album on their magazine blog. Read more
- Edel Flynn became a guest blogger for the prestigious Irish News Review. Read more
- Chris Carra won the coveted Best Sports Blog title in the Wales Blog Awards 2012. His blog is about Swansea City FC. Read more
- Anna Howell, took part in a live interview with stars from the smash TV series American Idol. Read more
- Renatka Behan, saw her blog climb to fouth spot in the UK's most influential gastronomy blog rankings on social publishing site, Ebuzzing. Read more
- Natasha Ferguson, was selected by music giant RCA to promote Beyoncé’s new album. Read more
- Samson Dada, mixed with politicians and celebrities at a special event at the US Embassy in London. Read more
- Cindy Voong, got taken on as a writer for a web magazine based in New York. Read more
Download our free eBook
When you finish
When you complete the course, you will receive two respected qualifications:
These recognised awards will add value to your CV, and help when you apply for pro blogging jobs or freelance work.
Where you could fit in as a blogger
Nowadays, it seems like everyone has a blog.
But how many of those blogs are actually any good? Our comprehensive blogging course will show you how to create and maintain a successful blog on any subject.
We teach you how to design a great looking blog and fill it with content that your visitors look forward to reading.
Our blogging course will also teach you how to promote your blog on social media to maximise traffic and generate comments on your posts.
Successful graduate, Alistair McLauchlan, learned many different practices for attracting and increasing traffic, as well as tips for design and writing content.
He has no hesitation in recommending our course to others. See his review
As a successful blogger, you could be:
- writing about your favourite subject and becoming a respected authority on the topic
- earning money from advertising, sponsored posts and other blog monetisation strategies
- boosting your freelance writing career by establishing an impressive online presence
- controlling what you write and how you present it to the world
If you would like to enjoy all the benefits running a popular and respected blog offers, our comprehensive online blogging course will provide you with the tools you need for success.
What will I need?
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- Microsoft Word or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
I am very pleased with the course. I would recommend the course and organisation to anybody. Tutorial support was excellent: clear, concise, professional and fast feedback. The content was excellent. I learned such a lot. Alistair McLauchlan
I'm a big fan of CMP and wish more learning providers out there existed. Cleland is my kind of teacher. Online Degrees, Courses and Education blog