Blogging course subjects
Blogging course subjects
This comprehensive blogging course covers every aspect of blogging. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of blogging. All blogging course assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of your course.
Lesson 01: Starting your blog
- Learn how to name, create and design your own blog, using standard web tools.
- Apply these techniques by creating a real-world blog.
- State some of the common terminology used in blogging.
Lesson 02: What to write
- Describe the purpose of an effective post.
- Explain the purpose of researching and forming a valid opinion for each post.
- Apply these techniques to a real-world exercise.
Lesson 03: Who to write for
- Define your blog’s target reader.
- Explain how to adapt your writing style to suit their needs.
- Apply these factors to a blog post.
Lesson 04: Blog writing techniques
- List the key techniques used in writing good blog posts.
- Apply those techniques to real-world exercises.
Lesson 05: Use of images, audio and videos
- Understand the importance of images and other content.
- Know where to source images from.
- Understand the key points of copyright law that applies to bloggers.
Lesson 06: Using social media
- Understand the most effective social media for bloggers.
- Use social media to amplify your blog’s reach.
Lesson 07: Writing SEO friendly blog content
- Explain what an SEO article is.
- Define what an SEO article is intended to achieve.
- List the stages involved in writing an SEO article.
- Demonstrate how to identify key search words.
- Explain how to use keywords in an article.
- Apply these objectives to a range of practical exercises.
Lesson 08: Pay per click ads
- Understand what a PPC ad is.
- Look at PPC advertising across the web.
- Write a Google Ads advert with keyword identification.
Lesson 09: Proofreading your content
- List a proofreader’s personal qualities.
- Explain what a proofreader does.
- Discuss effective proofreading methods, disciplines and techniques.
- Describe how to proofread your own content.
Lesson 10: Monetising your blog
- Understand the different ways you can make money from your blog.
- Apply these techniques to you own blog.
Lesson 11: Keeping your blog legal
- List the laws that can affect bloggers in the UK.
- Explain the implications of those laws.
- Define how to write controversial posts that keep within the laws of libel.
Lesson 12: Maintaining your blog
- List the techniques available to ensure your blog’s long-term popularity.
- Apply these techniques to a real-world blog.