Google SEO course overview
Our Google SEO course shows you how to improve the ranking of your website or blog on the world’s largest and most popular search engine.
We teach the methods that we use ourselves to get to the coveted Google #1 spot – and stay there.
All our other main search phrases appear in the top five of Google’s search results. These results have enabled us to scrap our AdWords budget and have transformed our business.
Our Google SEO course will show you how to improve your search results, using 100% trusted and ethical techniques. You will learn legitimate and effective ways to boost and maintain your ranking over the long term.
Google frequently updates the way it calculates search results, and does not always say how.
This leaves websites vulnerable to fluctuations in their page rankings, and these can be devastating for small businesses.
But this course covers the essentials that never change. If you follow our strategies, your site will be resilient to other Google updates.
This course is ideal for:
- Website and blog owners who want to achieve a better Google ranking.
- People who want to learn SEO from scratch.
- Individuals and businesses who want to drive more traffic to their website or blog.
- Businesses who want to generate more sales.
- Freelancers who want to expose themselves to more clients.
- Staff training and development.
- Copywriters, bloggers, webriters and webeditors.
People often have different reasons for wanting to drive more traffic to their website or blog, but it’s usually to increase sales, expose themselves to a wider audience, and ultimately generate more revenue.
Our comprehensive Google SEO course teaches you:
- Ethical techniques to boost your ranking on a Google search results page.
- How to analyse a website for strengths and weaknesses.
- How to create SEO-friendly content that ranks well on Google.
- The importance of inbound and outbound links and how they affect your Google ranking.
- How to devise and implement an effective SEO strategy that you can use going forward.
You will also learn the factors that determine a website’s success. We also teach the importance of keywords and how to use them properly within your site’s content.
You will then develop an effective Google SEO strategy and learn how to integrate it with your social media activities. See course subjects
You will benefit from unlimited tutor support from Jennie Harborth, who is a professional editor and SEO specialist. She will help you every step of the way.
She will also give you personal feedback on every assignment, answer your questions and provide expert careers guidance, so you get the very best out of the course.
Successful learner Jodie Turpin told us “I feel that I can confidently carry out SEO as part of my daily tasks within my job role. My tutor was extremely helpful and always provided excellent feedback on all assignments”. Read her review
Google SEO course subjects
This vocational course covers every aspect of Google SEO. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of SEO. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: Introduction to SEO
- Explain what SEO is and what it’s for.
- Discuss how Google conducts searches.
- Explain why content is king.
- List the basic SEO steps.
Lesson 02: Terminology and coding
- Understand SEO and internet terminology.
- Discuss the basics of web coding.
Lesson 03: Website structure and analysis
- Explain why good website design and structure improve SERPS.
- Define the qualities of a well-designed and well-structured website.
- Analyse your website’s structure and design.
Lesson 04: Keywords for SEO
- Explain the importance of keywords in Google page ranking.
- Choose keywords using online tools.
- Understand where keywords are used.
Lesson 05: On-page SEO and metadata
- Define on-page SEO.
- Explain which on-page factors can be optimised.
- Optimise some on-page factors on your website.
Lesson 06: SEO-friendly content
- Discuss persuasive, unique, focused content.
- Discuss well-laid out content.
- Write SEO-friendly content for your website.
Lesson 07: Link building for SEO
- Explain what link building is.
- Describe the differences between backlinks, internal links and outbound links.
- Explain how to make good link juice.
Lesson 08: Page speed and UX
- Explain what page speed is and how it affects ranking.
- Discuss how to improve page speed.
- Define the elements that affect user experience (UX).
Lesson 09: Mobile SEO
- Explain what mobile SEO is and why it’s important.
- Discuss which issues could affect mobile SEO.
- Test your website for mobile SEO.
Lesson 10: Off-page SEO and social media
- Explain why off-page SEO is important.
- Create content that encourages backlinks.
- Use social media to build backlinks.
Lesson 11: Analytics and ongoing strategies
- Set up a Google Analytics account.
- Decide which analytics reports could help your SEO.
- Create an SEO maintenance calendar.
- Create an editorial calendar.
Google SEO course accreditation and quality
We comply with the very highest external standards. We are:
Each organisation has its own standards, code of practice and complaints procedure, so you can enrol with complete confidence.
Google SEO course certifications
Our Google SEO course has been independently endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme which is a product of the Skills and Education Group, who endorse high-quality, non-regulated courses and training programmes.
So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement endorsed under The Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP diploma in Google SEO, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a certified SEO specialist.
These certification will enable you to apply for SEO jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Google SEO course tutor: Jennie Harborth
Proofreader | editor | blogger | web builder
As a Google SEO course learner, you will work 1-2-1 with Jennie Harborth, who is a professional editor and SEO specialist.
Jennie is an experienced website developer with a proven track record of effective SEO.
She has played a significant role in getting CMP’s courses to the top of Google.
Her students often say they appreciate the lengths she goes to in order to help them.
She will mentor you, mark your assignments, and give you expert SEO advice.
Find out more about Jennie
Google SEO course payment options
This Google SEO course costs £494.50 including VAT. This is all you pay. There are no hidden charges, and we have a range of payment methods, so you can purchase your course wherever you live.
You can either pay the fee in full, or with four monthly instalments of £123.62 including VAT.
What happens when I enrol?
There are no set enrolment dates for this Google SEO course. You can begin studying when you want to.
Once you have completed your enrolment form and paid your fee, you will receive a login to our Online Learning Area.
There, you will find your learning materials and other resources. You can start studying when you want to.