Accredited sports blogging diploma
Sports blogging level 3 diploma
- £150 incl VAT. Payment options
- 2 x monthly payments of £75. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Paul Clark
- A passion for sharing sports news and views
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 20-30 hours of study. You work at your own pace
- ABC | EADL | ABCC | IADL
- ABC Awards level 3 diploma
- Awarding body:
- ABC Awards
The course not only helped me to enhance the quality of my writing but also, with tutor Paul Clark’s sage advice, to understand each of the fundamental aspects of principles of blogging. To my mind, it was very comprehensive.
Stuart Campbell: sports blogging course
The course met all my expectations. The tutorial support was exceptional - great support throughout the course. My tutor was always there to respond to questions, timely in providing in-depth answers.
Adrian Nung: sports blogging course
CMP has opened doors to my dream of sports broadcasting. I had doubts whether to enrol, but CMP have changed the way I think about online learning. I can now write with the confidence I gained from the best trainer in the world.
Elias Limwanya: sports blogging course
I can recommend CMP for blogging training, as my blog, about Swansea City FC, won the Best Sports Blog title in the Wales Blog Awards. The judges said my passion for my team shone through and the blog was a must-read for the fans.
Chris Carra: sports blogging course
I signed up for the course after noticing CMP on the internet. Personally, I think this course is perfect. Why pay more, when all the knowledge you need is with CMP?
I plan to study further with CMP.
Ali McLauchlan: sports blogging course
Our sports blogging course will equip you with the skills you need to build an engaging and interactive blog around your favourite pastime and passion.
From athletics to wrestling, fans worldwide have a constant thirst for news and insight on their favourite sports, teams and players.
As a blogger, you could provide the information they want to read. But only if you build and maintain your blog in a consistently professional way.
Our online sports blogging course will help you develop a niche for your blog and build a high-quality site that attracts attention for all the right reasons.
We will also help you create first-class content and exploit your blog’s monetisation opportunities.
If you already have a sports blog, we can help you make improvements so it gets even more traffic and social media shares.
Successful former student, Chris Carra, recommends our blogging training. He credits our support and advice in helping him build his award-winning football blog. See his review
Our comprehensive sports blogging course will teach you how to:
- define your sports blog’s target readership
- create and design your blog using standard web tools
- write exciting posts that your readers will love
- promote your blog on social media platforms and optimise it for search engines
- engage visitors, generate comments on your posts and increase site traffic
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback on every assignment.
When you graduate, you will receive the ABC awards certificate of achievment, and the accredited CMP diploma in sports blogging. Both qualifications are industry recognised, and prove you are a certified sports blogger.
Enquire about this course
We usually reply to enquiries within 30 minutes during office hours, and up to one working day during busier periods. Please check your spam / junk folders if you can't see our email in your inbox.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards, and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the subjects they have completed as part of the course.
This sports blogging course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme
We will also email you the fully accredited CMP diploma in sports blogging, which is an industry recognised qualification that proves you are a qualified sports.blogger.
These awards will enable you to apply for sports blog writing jobs, develop your career, or help you find freelance work.
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of sports blogging.
Lesson 01: Starting your sports blog
- Name, create and design your own sports blog, using standard web tools
- State some of the common terminology used in sports blogging
Lesson 02: What to write
- Identify the purpose of an effective posting
- How to research and form a valid opinion for each posting
- Create content about celebrities and VIPs
Lesson 03: Who to write for
- Define your sports blog’s target reader
- Adapt your content and writing style to suit their needs
Lesson 04: Writing techniques
- Make your postings clear, engaging and interesting
- Apply keywords effectively
Lesson 05: Getting your sports blog noticed
- Ensure your sports blog is correctly listed
- Optimise your sports blog so that search engines find it
- Use social media and other tools to promote your sports blog and boost traffic
Lesson 06: Keeping your sports blog legal
- Understand and apply the laws that can affect sports bloggers
- Write controversial posts that keep within the laws of libel
- Apply copyright law correctly
Lesson 07: Maintaining and developing your sports blog
- Use tools and techniques to ensure your sports blog’s long-term popularity
- Draw up a social media action plan
Lesson 08: Live sports blogging
- Use tools to blog about live sports events from your smartphone or tablet
Where you could fit in as a sports blogger
Today, it seems like every sports fan has a blog. But how many are successful, or even readable?
Our sports blogging course will help you avoid the traps new bloggers often fall into to create a professional-quality site that enjoys long-term success.
As a blogger, you could become a respected ‘voice’ on your favourite sport.
A successful blog can also help you launch a successful career in sports journalism.
Our online sports blogging course has helped lots of students build their blogs and it can do the same for you - whatever sport you want to write about.
For former student, Elias Limwanya, our course opened the door to a dream of sports broadcasting. He has no problem recommending us as an online course provider. See his review
As a successful sports blogger, you could be:
- getting the inside scoop on all the latest developments
- enjoying interview access to your favourite sports stars
- sharing your opinions and encouraging lively debates among your devoted readers
- building a winning sports-writing portfolio that impresses editors
If you are ready to finally launch your blog, or make your existing site even better, our comprehensive sports blogging course can help you get ahead of the competition.
Course tutor: Paul Clark
Journalist | writer | subeditor | proofreader
Sports Beat Agency |North West Regional Assembly |CSV Manchester
I am a tutor on CMP’s sports journalism and blogging courses.
I have worked as a sports reporter for Sports Beat Agency, producing copy for both the national papers and specialist sports publications.
I have been a lecturer for over 11 years at a number of HE institutions and have taught a variety of courses including sports journalism.
This course gets results
Our blogging course students have won many awards and accolades:
- Sami Clara and Sara Larkham received a personal tweet from Lady Gaga after their reviewed her new album on their magazine blog. Read more
- Edel Flynn became a guest blogger for the prestigious Irish News Review. Read more
- Chris Carra won the coveted Best Sports Blog title in the Wales Blog Awards 2012. His blog is about Swansea City FC. Read more
- Anna Howell, took part in a live interview with stars from the smash TV series American Idol. Read more
- Renatka Behan, saw her blog climb to fourth spot in the UK's most influential gastronomy blog rankings on social publishing site, Ebuzzing. Read more
- Natasha Ferguson, was selected by music giant RCA to promote Beyoncé’s new album. Read more
- Samson Dada, mixed with politicians and celebrities at a special event at the US Embassy in London. Read more
- Cindy Voong, got taken on as a writer for a web magazine based in New York. Read more
You will have access to our Online Learning Area, where you can:
- download course materials
- submit assignments
- use our college libraries and resources
- chat to other students
- keep up-to-date with college news
Our turn-around time for marking work is three working days. We usually provide same-day tutorial support on weekdays.
Download our free eBook
When you finish
When you complete the course, you will receive two respected qualifications:
These recognised awards will add value to your CV, and help when you apply for pro blogging jobs or freelance work.
What you need to study sports blogging
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- Microsoft Word or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
CMP has opened doors to my dream of sports broadcasting. I had doubts whether to enrol, but CMP have changed the way I think about online learning. I can now write with the confidence I gained from the best trainer in the world. Elias Limwanya