Accredited Google SEO diploma
- £294.50 incl VAT. Payment options
- 3 x monthly payments of £98.16. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Jennie Harborth
- Best to have your own website
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 30-40 hours. You work at your own pace
- ABC | EADL | ABCC | IADL
- ABC Awards certificate of achievement | CMP diploma
- Awarding body:
- ABC awards
I loved this course as it has given me exactly what I wanted. It was informative and not pushy so I could learn in my own time. The tutor and services team were fantastic always replying to me emails and taking to me in a language I could understand.
Adal Idres: Google SEO course
I learned the techniques needed to optimise sites and online resources that I never knew were there. The content was descriptive and supplement links were also provided that covered topics in more length. I thought the course was fantastic.
Suneil Barkat: Google SEO course
I enrolled to get a good all round knowledge of all aspects of SEO. The course entirely met my expectations. I learned all aspects of SEO from the basics to more advanced techniques. The tutorial support was excellent.
Gary Ford: Google SEO course
The course provided an in-depth yet easily understandable insight into the various aspects of SEO.
Kari Koonin: Google SEO course
I learnt more than I expected. I didn’t know a lot of simple tricks for the website’s ranking in Google. It is really, really useful knowledge. The course administration and communication were excellent. And the tutorial support was really good.
Jolanta Beitnaraite: Google SEO course
I now know what to do to make my copy stand out on the web. The course was broken down and explained usefully, so I appreciated that. Getting positive comments boosted my confidence, as writing is one area that I’ve always been self-critical about.
Daniel Deacon: Google SEO course
I cannot thank CMP enough. Thanks to their course, my site is now number one on Google. It was not even listed before I started. It has made a big difference to my business, with many new clients.
Robert Kardos: Google SEO course
Our Google SEO course shows you how to improve the ranking of your website or blog on the world’s largest and most popular search engine.
We teach the methods that we use ourselves to get to the coveted Google #1 spot - and stay there.
Click on these examples.
Search phrase: copywriting course
Search phrase: web editing course
All our other main search phrases appear in the top five of Google's search results.
These results have enabled us to scrap our AdWords budget and have transformed our business.
Our Google SEO course will show you how to improve your search results, using 100% trusted and ethical techniques.
We teach you legitimate and effective ways to boost and maintain your ranking over the long term.
You will learn the factors that determine a website’s success.
We also teach the importance of keywords and how to use them properly within your site’s content.
You will then develop an effective Google SEO strategy and learn how to integrate it with your social media activities.
We helped former student, Robert Kardos, take his unranked business site to number one on Google! See his review
Our comprehensive Google SEO course teaches you:
- ethical techniques to boost your ranking on a Google search results page
- how to analyse a website for strengths and weaknesses
- how to create SEO-friendly content that ranks well on Google
- the importance of inbound and outbound links and how they impact your Google ranking
- all about Google Analytics and why you should care about statistics!
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback on every assignment.
When you graduate, you will receive the ABC awards certificate of achievment, and the accredited CMP diploma in Google SEO. Both qualifications are industry recognised, and prove you are a certified SEO specialist.
Enquire about this course
We usually reply to enquiries within 30 minutes during office hours, and up to one working day during busier periods. Please check your spam / junk folders if you can't see our email in your inbox.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards, and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the subjects they have completed as part of the course.
This Google SEO course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme
We will also email you the fully accredited CMP diploma in Google SEO, which is an industry recognised qualification that proves you are a qualified Google SEO specialist.
These awards will enable you to apply for Google SEO jobs, develop your career, or help you find freelance work.
How does the course work?
Our courses are delivered online. This means you can study at a pace you're completely comfortable with and fit your course around your lifestyle.
You'll also benefit from having a personal course tutor who will mark your assignments, answer your questions and give helpful and friendly advice.
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of Google SEO. Each assignment will be personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you'll be recieving expert feedback at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: Introduction to SEO
- Identify the basic principles involved in SEO
- Explain the basic rules of SEO
- Describe how Google searches the web
Lesson 02: Site analysis
- Explain the factors that determine a website’s success
- Analyse how a website integrates with a brand
- Identify a website's purpose, body language, and strengths and weaknesses
Lesson 03: SEO terminology
- Define the sources of SEO specialist terminology
- Find online glossaries
- Translate specialist terms in to layman’s English
Lesson 04: Website structure
- Explain why good website structure improves search engine result pages (SERPs)
- Define the qualities of a well-structured website
- Define what a silo is and why it is important to SEO
- Explain the importance of internal website linking
Lesson 05: Creating SEO-friendly metadata for webpages
- Explain how search engines find webpages
- Describe the role metadata plays in SEO
- Explain the different types of metadata, and what they do
- Use metadata to improve a website’s SERP
Lesson 06: Keyword generation
- Explain the importance of keywords in Google SEO rankings
- Choose keywords using various online tools
- Explain how and where to insert keywords and phrases
Lesson 07: Creating SEO-friendly content
- Explain why content is king
- Discuss keyword stuffing and keyword density
- Explain how to write SEO-friendly content
Lesson 08: Link building
- Explain what link building is and why it is important for SERPs
- Define the difference between backlinks, internal links and outbound links
- Describe the best way to get backlinks
- Explain how to create good link juice
- Discuss why you should deep link and how to do it
- Explain the importance of internal links
Lesson 09: Ongoing strategies and maintenance
- Create an SEO diary
- Integrate your social media with your SEO
Lesson 10: Installing and measuring Google Analytics
- Explain what Analytics does for you
- Discuss the Analytics Dashboard widgets
- Decide on which Analytics reports will help a website's SEO
How long will it take?
The duration of this course is approximately 60-80 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you.
We offer complete flexibility, with no deadlines or time limits. This means you can study at a pace that you're completely comfortable with, and fit the course around your lifestyle.
On average, people take around three months to complete this course, but it doesn't matter if you take longer, each learner is different.
There are no set start dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
Course tutor: Jennie Harboth
Proofreader | editor | blogger | web builder
CMP |QPAC system programmer and trainer | SEO specialist
Jennie is an experienced website developer with a proven track record of effective SEO.
She has played a significant role in getting CMP's courses to the top of Google.
Her students often say they appreciate the lengths she goes to in order to help them.
She will mark your work, answer your questions and give you friendly help and advice.
It's important to study online with a provider you can trust. You will be in safe hands studying with us. We have been running our online courses since 2003.
We are listed on the government's UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the Department for Education.
We are fully accredited by three recognised organisations:
Our accrediting bodies have reciprocal arrangements with other countries, meaning you can study this course from anywhere in the world. We have students in more than 100 countries
How you could benefit from training in SEO
Our Google SEO course simplifies the process of getting your website to rank highly in a search results page.
If you have an online business, you want potential customers to find you easily when they search for you
If you run a blog, you want to increase your readership and become an authority in your niche.
If you are a freelancer, you want to stand out from the competition.
Our Google SEO course teaches you proven techniques to get your site or blog high up in a list of relevant results, improving your chances of being seen first!
Former student, Gary Ford, found CMP met all his expectations. He has no hesitation in recommending our course. See his review
We are confident our methods work - because they are exactly the same methods we use to rank on the first page of Google for our courses!
Another former student, Jolanta Beitnaraite, developed tools and methods to improve her online business. She was particularly impressed with our up-to-date teaching material. See her review
If you would like to boost your online success, our comprehensive Google SEO course can help you reach number one.
CMP Charter Mark
The Charter Mark is our assurance of accredited educational quality.
We award it to students who have graduated from one of our courses or training programmes. It helps them to find work.
Holders are licensed to use it on their websites, stationery, and social media profiles.
The Charter Mark guarantees that holders have achieved set standards of competence in a given field.
It gives employers confidence that applicants for staff positions or freelance work have received accredited training and independent assessment.
Download our free eBook
When you finish
When you complete the course, you will receive two respected qualifications:
These recognised awards will add value to your CV, and help when you apply for SEO jobs or freelance work.
What will I need?
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- Microsoft Word or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
I now know what to do to make my copy stand out on the web. The course was broken down and explained usefully, so I appreciated that. Getting positive comments boosted my confidence, as writing is one area that I’ve always been self-critical about. Daniel Deacon