Mobile journalism course subjects
This course covers every aspect of mobile journalism. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of mobile journalism. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: The basics of being a mobile journalist
- Examine what mobile journalism is and how its techniques are becoming commonplace.
- Analyse mobile journalism content to understand how it works in practice.
Lesson 02: Newswriting techniques
- Write articles that are suitable for print, the web and social media.
- Attract the reader’s attention by writing compelling starts to your articles.
- Maintain the reader’s interest in your articles from start to finish.
Lesson 03: The hardware you’ll need to be an efficient mobile journalist
- Examine the need for additional equipment for good sound, lighting and camera support.
Lesson 04: Software for enhancing your mobile journalism
- Analyse why native apps and software might restrict your mobile journalism.
- Examine some of the additional tools available and how they can be used effectively.
Lesson 05: Filming and photography techniques
- Learn basic techniques for capturing professional quality images and video.
Lesson 06: Covering a news story
- Learn how to cover a news story using your mobile journalism skills and tools.
Lesson 07: Post-production and publishing
- Analyse the software and apps available for your post-production needs.
- Edit, upload and publish your news content.
Lesson 08: Independent Press Standards Organisation: regulatory code
- Adhere to the media’s regulatory framework in your digital journalism activities.