Google SEO course subjects
This course covers every aspect of Google SEO. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of SEO. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: Introduction to SEO
- Identify the basic principles involved in SEO.
- Explain the basic rules of SEO.
- Describe how Google searches the web.
Lesson 02: Site analysis
- Explain the factors that determine a website’s success.
- Analyse how a website integrates with a brand.
- Identify a website’s purpose, body language, and strengths and weaknesses.
Lesson 03: SEO terminology
- Define the sources of SEO specialist terminology.
- Find online glossaries.
- Translate specialist terms in to layman’s English.
Lesson 04: Website structure
- Explain why good website structure improves search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Define the qualities of a well-structured website.
- Define what a silo is and why it is important to SEO.
- Explain the importance of internal website linking.
Lesson 05: Creating SEO-friendly metadata for webpages
- Explain how search engines find webpages.
- Describe the role metadata plays in SEO.
- Explain the different types of metadata, and what they do.
- Use metadata to improve a website’s ranking.
Lesson 06: Keyword generation
- Explain the importance of keywords in Google SEO rankings.
- Choose keywords using various online tools.
- Explain how and where to insert keywords and phrases.
Lesson 07: Creating SEO-friendly content
- Explain why content is king.
- Discuss keyword stuffing and keyword density.
- Explain how to write SEO-friendly content.
Lesson 08: Link building
- Explain what link building is and why it is important for SERPs.
- Define the difference between backlinks, internal links and outbound links.
- Describe the best way to get backlinks.
- Explain how to create good link juice.
- Discuss why you should deep link and how to do it.
- Explain the importance of internal links.
Lesson 09: Ongoing strategies and maintenance
- Create an SEO diary.
- Integrate your social media with your SEO.
Lesson 10: Installing and measuring Google Analytics
- Explain what Analytics does for you.
- Discuss the Analytics Dashboard widgets.
- Decide on which Analytics reports will help a website’s SEO.