This vocational course covers every aspect of Google SEO. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of SEO. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: Introduction to SEO
- Explain what SEO is and what it’s for.
- Discuss how Google conducts searches.
- Explain why content is king.
- List the basic SEO steps.
Lesson 02: Terminology and coding
- Understand SEO and internet terminology.
- Discuss the basics of web coding.
Lesson 03: Website structure and analysis
- Explain why good website design and structure improve SERPS.
- Define the qualities of a well-designed and well-structured website.
- Analyse your website’s structure and design.
Lesson 04: Keywords for SEO
- Explain the importance of keywords in Google page ranking.
- Choose keywords using online tools.
- Understand where keywords are used.
Lesson 05: On-page SEO and metadata
- Define on-page SEO.
- Explain which on-page factors can be optimised.
- Optimise some on-page factors on your website.
Lesson 06: Writing SEO focused content
- Discuss persuasive, unique, focused content.
- Discuss well-laid out content.
- Create compelling SEO headings
- Write SEO-friendly content for your website.
Lesson 07: Link building for SEO
- Explain what link building is.
- Describe the differences between backlinks, internal links and outbound links.
- Explain how to make good link juice.
Lesson 08: Page speed and UX
- Explain what page speed is and how it affects ranking.
- Discuss how to improve page speed.
- Define the elements that affect user experience (UX).
Lesson 09: Mobile SEO
- Explain what mobile SEO is and why it’s important.
- Discuss which issues could affect mobile SEO.
- Test your website for mobile SEO.
Lesson 10: Off-page SEO and social media
- Explain why off-page SEO is important.
- Create content that encourages backlinks.
- Use social media to build backlinks.
Lesson 11: Analytics and ongoing SEO strategies
- Set up a Google Analytics account.
- Decide which analytics reports could help your SEO.
- Create an SEO maintenance calendar.
- Create an editorial calendar.