Accredited travel blogging diploma
Travel blogging level 3 diploma
- £150 incl VAT. Payment options
- 2 x monthly payments of £75. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Justine Holman
- A passion for sharing travel news, reviews and opinions
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 20-30 hours of study. You work at your own pace
- ABC | EADL | ABCC | IADL
- ABC Awards level 3 diploma
- Awarding body:
- ABC Awards
I wanted to learn basics and tips about blogging. The tutorial support was very helpful, and the course content was clear, well-structured, with hands-on instructions.
Min Xu: travel blogging course
Our travel blogging course helps you create a lively and engaging website on which you can share all your adventures, both at home and abroad.
Running a successful travel blog may seem like a dream job.
But many other writers have done it - and our travel blogging course can help make it a reality for you.
We take you through each stage of the blogging process, from choosing what to write about to promoting your content.
We also show how you can use your blog to earn extra cash for your travels, or to land paid professional writing work.
If you already have a travel blog that you want to improve, we can help you transform it in to a long-term success.
Our comprehensive travel blogging course will teach you how to:
- define your travel blog’s target readership
- create and design your blog using standard web tools
- write exciting posts that your readers will love
- promote your blog on social media platforms and optimise it for search engines
- engage visitors, generate comments on your posts and increase site traffic
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback on every assignment.
When you graduate, you will receive the ABC awards certificate of achievment, and the accredited CMP diploma in travel blogging. Both qualifications are industry recognised, and prove you are a certified travel blogger.
Enquire about this course
We usually reply to enquiries within 30 minutes during office hours, and up to one working day during busier periods. Please check your spam / junk folders if you can't see our email in your inbox.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards, and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the subjects they have completed as part of the course.
This travel blogging course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme
We will also email you the fully accredited CMP diploma in travel blogging, which is an industry recognised qualification that proves you are a qualified travel blogger.
These awards will enable you to apply for travel blog writing jobs, develop your career, or help you find freelance work.
Watch our video to learn more about us:
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of travel blogging.
Lesson 01: Starting your travel blog
- Name, create and design your own travel blog, using standard web tools
- State some of the common terminology used in travel blogging
Lesson 02: What to write
- Identify the purpose of an effective posting
- How to research and form a valid opinion for each posting
- Create content about celebrities and VIPs
Lesson 03: Who to write for
- Define your travel blog’s target reader
- Adapt your content and writing style to suit their needs
Lesson 04: Writing techniques
- Make your postings clear, engaging and interesting
- Apply keywords effectively
Lesson 05: Getting your travel blog noticed
- Ensure your travel blog is correctly listed
- Optimise your travel blog so that search engines find it
- Use social media and other tools to promote your travel blog and boost traffic
Lesson 06: Keeping your travel blog legal
- Understand and apply the laws that can affect travel bloggers
- Write controversial posts that keep within the laws of libel
- Apply copyright law correctly
Lesson 07: Maintaining and developing your travel blog
- Use tools and techniques to ensure your travel blog’s long-term popularity
- Draw up a social media action plan
Lesson 08: Live travel blogging
- Use tools to blog about trips and events from your smartphone or tablet
Where you could fit in as a travel blogger
People love to read about travellers’ adventures. Unfortunately, many travels blogs are poorly written and badly presented.
Our travel blogging course helps you avoid common mistakes new and inexperienced bloggers often make.
We teach you how to build and maintain a quality blog that gets lots of traffic and attracts attention for all the right reasons.
You will also learn how to generate ideas for content that your readers will respond to and share.
Successful graduate, Min Xu, found our online travel blogging course to be clear and well-structured. She would recommend the course to a friend. See her review
As a successful travel blogger, you could be:
- sharing your exciting overseas experiences - in words and images
- enjoying the perks of the travel writer lifestyle
- building a loyal fanbase that can’t wait to read about what you’re up to next!
- assembling a quality travel writing portfolio
Blogging about your travels can be a creative and fulfilling hobby.
But it is also a great way to start your career as a travel writer or journalist.
A well-written and effectively promoted blog can generate interest among editors and other travel professionals. This can lead to freelance and staff writer opportunities!
Wherever your writing ambitions lie, our comprehensive travel blogging course may just be your passport to success!
Course tutor: Justine Holman
Features journalist | editor
Elle |Chat |TV Times |The Express
Justine has written for many large publications, including: Elle, The Express, Chat, Women's Weekly, TV Times and Just 17.
She will mark your work, answer your questions and give you friendly help and advice.
This course gets results
Our blogging course students have won many awards and accolades:
- Sami Clara and Sara Larkham received a personal tweet from Lady Gaga after their reviewed her new album on their magazine blog. Read more
- Edel Flynn became a guest blogger for the prestigious Irish News Review. Read more
- Chris Carra won the coveted Best Sports Blog title in the Wales Blog Awards 2012. His blog is about Swansea City FC. Read more
- Anna Howell, took part in a live interview with stars from the smash TV series American Idol. Read more
- Renatka Behan, saw her blog climb to fourth spot in the UK's most influential gastronomy blog rankings on social publishing site, Ebuzzing. Read more
- Natasha Ferguson, was selected by music giant RCA to promote Beyoncé’s new album. Read more
- Samson Dada, mixed with politicians and celebrities at a special event at the US Embassy in London. Read more
- Cindy Voong, got taken on as a writer for a web magazine based in New York. Read more
You will have access to our Online Learning Area, where you can:
- download course materials
- submit assignments
- use our college libraries and resources
- chat to other students
- keep up-to-date with college news
Our turn-around time for marking work is three working days. We usually provide same-day tutorial support on weekdays.
Download our free eBook
When you finish
When you complete the course, you will receive two respected qualifications:
These recognised awards will add value to your CV, and help when you apply for pro blogging jobs or freelance work.
What you need to study travel blogging
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- Microsoft Word or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
I wanted to learn basics and tips about blogging. The tutorial support was very helpful, and the course content was clear, well-structured, with hands-on instructions. Min Xu