Accredited social media marketing diploma
Social media marketing
- £175 incl VAT. Payment options
- 2 x monthly payments of £87.50. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Andy Carter
- An interest in Social Media. Take our social media challenge!
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 20-30 hours of study. You work at your own pace
- ABCC, EADL and IADL
- Accredited CMP diploma
- Charter Mark:
- Yes. See details of our SM marketing Charter Mark
From start to finish the staff were amazing and very helpful. My tutor, Andy Carter was extremely helpful and resourceful. Since completion of my course a few months ago I have secured my first few paying clients.
Hayden Murtagh: social media marketing course
I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking for a higher level of social media knowledge. It will certainly prepare you well if you are thinking of using social media as a marketing tool for your online business.
Gary Ford: social media marketing course
If you are not satisfied after you have completed your course, we will refund your fee – no questions asked. See details
Our social media marketing course equips you with the skills you need to successfully promote your business or organisation online.
From freelancers to multimillion-pound corporations, an effective online presence can mean the difference between business success and failure.
Our online social media marketing course takes you through the essential features of building a web presence that puts you ahead of the competition.
We offer full guidance throughout, as well as feedback on a range of assignments designed to help you put the theory into practice.
Former student, Christine Jones, was particularly impressed with our ‘friendly and supportive’ tutor support. See her review
Our comprehensive social media marketing course teaches you how to:
- build a blog that engages your audience and gets you more business
- maintain an effective presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the other big social media platforms
- write for the web and get the most out of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- manage the online reputation of your business or organisation
When you graduate, you will receive the respected CMP Charter Mark as well as an accredited diploma.
Take oursocial media challenge!
As well as helping many individuals become successful social media marketers, this course is also used to train staff from many respected organisations.
Watch our video to learn more about us:
Download our free eBook
You will be in safe hands studying with us. We have been running our courses since 2003.
We are listed on the government's UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the Department for Education and Skills.
We are fully accredited by three recognised organisations:
Our accrediting bodies have reciprocal arrangements with other countries, which means you can study this course from whichever country you live in.
Price and payment
The price of our social media marketing course is £175 (incl. VAT). This fee can either be paid in full, or over two interest free monthly payments of £87.50.
Duration and hours
The duration of this course is approximately 20-30 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you - we offer complete flexibility, with no deadlines or time limits.
This means you can study at a pace that suits you, and fit the course around your lifestlye.
On average, people take around 1 month to complete it, but it doesnt matter if you take longer - the course has no expiry date.
There are no set enrolment dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
Student discount card
Our social media marketing course enables you to get an NUS student discount card, enabling you to save money on more than 170 brands across the UK.
You can get 10% off at the Co-op, 5% off at Amazon, 10% off at Superdrug, 10% off at New Look, and 20% off at WH Smith. Plus many more.
Course tutor: Andy Carter
Press and comms director and consultant
Leeds Council |Northumbria University |Be_Ambitious
We provide you with a personal tutor who will mentor you through the course, mark your assignments, and give you expert advice whenever you need it.
All our tutors are professionals who are still working in their sectors. They will be there to help you every step of the way. And you can contact them whenever you need to.
Andy Carter is our social media marketing course tutor. He has been in charge of PR and communications at Leeds city council, Northumbria university, the London Borough of Sutton and Peterborough city council, and has vast experience in social media marketing.
He also runs his own PR consultancy.
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of social media marketing.
Lesson 01: Introduction to social media
- Define how social media can be used in marketing and public relations
- Devise a social media plan for Twitter, Facebook and other platforms
Lesson 02: Web writing techniques
- Master web writing techniques
- Write intros, sells and headings
- Write well-constructed copy
- Adapt your writing style to suit a web audience
Lesson 03: Business blogging
- Create, write and maintain your own blog
- Integrate your blog with Twitter, Facebook and other platforms
Lesson 04: Interaction and engagement
- Define different types of social media and website users
- Integrate your website with social media
- Use tools to achieve and maintain interactivity and engagement
Lesson 05: Use social media for SEO
- Explain social media’s role in SEO (search engine optimisation)
- Explain how search engines rank content
- Discuss the importance of keywords, links and hashtags in SEO
- Explain other social media techniques that will assist SEO
- Create SEO-friendly social media content
Lesson 06: Social media and reputation management
- How media law and regulatory codes can be used as media management tools - pre, and post publication
- Manage online reputation, proactively and reactively
Lesson 07: Devising a social media strategy
- Understand why businesses need a social media marketing strategy
- Research, prepare and schedule a social media marketing strategy
Online courses are different. But most people find they are more effective and convenient than face-to-face study.
You study when, and where you want to.
You’ll have access to our Online Learning Area where you can access course material, submit assignments, and use our extensive library of resources. You can also connect with other students if you want to.
We provide you with a personal course tutor who will mentor you through the course, so you wont be studying on your own. You can contact your tutor as often as need to.
We usually provide same-day tutorial support on weekdays.
What will I need to study this course?
In order to study our social media marketing course, you'll need the following:
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- either Microsoft Word, OpenOffice or iWork pages software, and basic knowledge of how to use it.
- an email account
Seventeen reasons to choose us
How you could benefit from training in social media marketing
Most companies and service providers understand the importance of having an online presence. But what does this really mean?
Social media platforms, websites and blogs can be great marketing tools. But if you don’t know what you’re doing, they can be a waste of time and offer little benefit.
Through our online social media marketing course, you will learn how to develop an effective strategy that ensures you get the most out of the web.
We teach you how to use online platforms as an effective route to new business and leads.
We also show you how to engage with potential clients and customers over the long term.
You will see that by producing interesting, entertaining and meaningful content, visitors have a reason to keep coming back to you!
Training in social media marketing can be especially beneficial if you are:
- a freelancer or entrepreneur who needs help in effectively promoting their products and services online
- a business or organisation that wants to harness the power of the web to generate new clients and business
- a marketing professional who wants to brush up on their online skills
If you’re struggling with your strategy or your web presence isn’t working, our comprehensive social media marketing course can save you time and get you real results.
The course leads to the CMP diploma which guarantees you can work across a variety of social media platforms, to a recognised standard.
Many people say they "work on social media". But our accredited social media marketing diploma will set you apart.
The course also allows you to gather points for the Chartered Institute of Public Relations continuing professional development scheme
CMP Charter Mark
The Charter Mark is our assurance of accredited educational quality.
We award it to students who have graduated from one of our courses or training programmes. It helps them to find work.
Holders are licensed to use it on their websites, stationery, and social media profiles.
The Charter Mark guarantees that holders have achieved set standards of competence in a given field.
It gives employers confidence that applicants for staff positions or freelance work have received accredited training and independent assessment.
This course gets results
Individuals and businesses across the UK and beyond testify that this course met their needs.
And don't take our word for it:
When you finish
You should have the skills to work effectively in social media marketing, across traditional and new media platforms.
You will have a respected qualification, and the skills to start applying for social media jobs, or to get work as a freelancer.
You will also be able to use the CMP Charter Mark, which will establish your credentials when you are looking for work and applying for jobs.
We go the extra mile
We will still be here to help you, even after you have completed your course. There’s no cut-off point.
- personal careers advice
- help with your CV
- help looking for work
- a reference when applying for jobs
What happens when I enrol?
Once you have completed your enrolment form, and have paid your fee, we will be in touch very quickly via email, usually within 15-20 minutes, during office hours. We will send your introductory materials so you can get started.
There are no set enrolment dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
I ended up enjoying the challenge. The tutorial support was friendly and supportive, and I learned that by working hard, I can do it! Christine Jones