Accredited public relations diploma which qualifies for CIPR points
Public relations level 4 diploma
- £294.50 incl VAT. Payment options
- 3 x monthly payments of £98.16. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Andy Carter
- An interest in PR & marketing. Take our social media challenge!
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 60-80 hours of study. You work at your own pace
- ABC | EADL | ABCC | IADL
- ABC Awards level 4 diploma
- Awarding body:
- ABC awards
The course was great. The lessons were very interesting and you can learn a lot from them. The connection between the school and the student works very well, they replied to me all the time very quickly and answered all my questions if I needed help.
Barbara Burik: PR course
The modules were informative and I found I learnt a lot from the course. The feedback received from Andy Carter, my tutor, was also useful. I found the contents of the PR course varied and useful. It was especially interesting to learn about tools used in
Edward Thomas: PR course
I enrolled on this course to push my development in the area of PR. The course was very good, much more than I expected. I learned lots about the internet and writing press releases.
Glen Ruffle: PR course
Our online PR course is ideal for beginners, and equips you with the skills you need to handle public relations and social media marketing for a range of organisations.
As well as helping many individuals become successful PR's, this course is also used to train staff from some of the UK's leading organisations, including United Utilities, TNT magazine and South east water. See our other clients
It is now more important than ever for businesses and other professional organisations to get the right message out to the media and public.
They must also be able to effectively manage their online reputation and handle any PR crises that arise.
May Bank Holiday sale
Save 40% on this course until 11pm on 02/05/17 use discount code: BANKHOL40
Flexible study. Take advantage of the sale price and begin whenever you are ready.
Through our comprehensive PR course, you will gain the confidence and training you need to work in a variety of communications-based roles, using traditional marketing channels and multimedia platforms.
You will also develop additional skills, such as newswriting, conducting interviews, and organising press conferences.
The course also allows you to gather points for the Chartered Institute of Public Relations continuing professional development scheme
Successful graduate, Glen Ruffle, found our PR course offered much more than he was expecting. See his review
Another successful learner, John Hammond, secured a communications job for West Sussex County Council while he was still studying this course. Read the story
Our comprehensive online public relations course will teach you how to:
- write effective press releases and distribute them to the right outlets
- develop lasting and productive working relationships with journalists and editors
- get the most out of social media
- plan and implement targeted PR strategies that get results
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback on every assignment.
When you graduate, you will receive the ABC awards certificate of achievment, and the accredited CMP diploma in PR. Both qualifications are industry recognised, and prove you are a certified PR.
Enquire about this course
We usually reply to enquiries within 30 minutes during office hours, and up to one working day during busier periods. Please check your spam / junk folders if you can't see our email in your inbox.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive the ABC awards level 4 diploma in public relations and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the subjects they have completed as part of the course.
This public relations course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme
We will also email you the fully accredited CMP diploma in public relations, which is an industry recognised qualification that proves you are a qualified PR.
These awards will enable you to apply for public relations jobs, develop your career, or help you find freelance work.
How does the course work?
Our courses are delivered online. This means you can study at a pace you're completely comfortable with and fit your course around your lifestyle.
You'll also benefit from having a personal course tutor who will mark your assignments, answer your questions and give helpful and friendly advice.
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of PR.
Lesson 01: An introduction to PR
- Understand the role of public relations
- Recognise good and bad PR
- Appreciate what makes a good PR professional
- Build relationships with journalists
Lesson 02: Newswriting techniques
- Why a PR needs to master newswriting techniques
- Write intros, sells and headings
- Write well-constructed copy
- Adapt your writing style to suit a web audience
Lesson 03: Writing effective press releases
- Recognise when it is appropriate to use press releases and press letters
- Send press releases and press letters in the correct format, to the right outlets and at the right time
Lesson 04: Communicating with the media
- Issue effective statements to the media
- Conduct interviews with journalists
- Deal confidently with journalists' questions
Lesson 05: Online PR
- Understand the basics of social media
- Define how social media can be used in PR
- Devise a social media plan
- Set up, maintain and grow your own blog
- Identify when a PR can use video
- Understand how to prepare, shoot and edit videos for PR
Lesson 06: Handling a crisis
- Understand crisis communications
- Write a crisis communications plan
- Manage reputation in a crisis
- Tweet effectively during a crisis
Lesson 07: Using TV and radio
- List how TV and radio can be used for PR
- Produce suitable content for TV and radio
Lesson 08: Organising a press conference
- Understand the role a press conference plays in PR
- Organise and manage a press conference
Lesson 09: Law and reputation management
- How media law and regulatory codes can be used as media management tools - pre, and post publication
- Manage online reputation, proactively and reactively
Lesson 10: Using other PR tools
- Recognise other PR tools and when to use them
- Use case studies, white papers, ebooks, videos and podcasts for PR
Lesson 11: Running a PR campaign
- When and how to run a PR campaign
- Select the right campaign components
- Organise an effective PR campaign
It's important to study online with a provider you can trust. You will be in safe hands studying with us. We have been running our online courses since 2003.
We are listed on the government's UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the Department for Education.
We are fully accredited by three recognised organisations:
Our accrediting bodies have reciprocal arrangements with other countries, meaning you can study this course from anywhere in the world. We have students in more than 100 countries.
Price and payment
The price of our PR course is £294.50 (incl. VAT). This fee can either be paid in full, or over three interest free monthly payments of £98.16.
Duration and hours
The duration of this course is approximately 60-80 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you - we offer complete flexibility, with no deadlines or time limits.
This means you can study at a pace that suits you, and fit the course around your lifestlye.
On average, people take around 3 months to complete it, but it doesnt matter if you take longer - the course has no expiry date.
There are no set enrolment dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
Student discount card
Our PR course enables you to get an NUS student discount card, enabling you to save money on more than 170 brands across the UK.
You can get 10% off at the Co-op, 5% off at Amazon, 10% off at Superdrug, 10% off at New Look, and 20% off at WH Smith. Plus many more.
Course tutor: Andy Carter
Group head of news | comms director and consultant
BBC | Sky News | Virgin Radio | TLRC | Leeds Council | Northumbria University | Be Ambitious
We provide you with a personal tutor who will mentor you through the course, mark your assignments, and give you expert advice whenever you need it.
All our tutors are professionals who are still working in their sectors. They will be there to help you every step of the way. And you can contact them whenever you need to.
Andy Carter is our PR course tutor. He has been in charge of PR and communications at Leeds city council, Northumbria university, the London Borough of Sutton and Peterborough city council.
He also runs his own PR consultancy.
What will I need to study this course?
In order to study our PR course, you'll need the following:
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- either Microsoft Word, OpenOffice or iWork pages software, and basic knowledge of how to use it.
- an email account
Download our free eBook
Where you could fit into PR
Through our comprehensive online PR course, you will learn the skills you need to help organisations plan, execute and manage effective campaigns that get them noticed, for all the right reasons.
Trained PR professionals are increasingly in demand as organisations seek to maximise their online and social media presence while maintaining their traditional marketing channels, such as TV, radio and print.
Our PR course equips you with the skills you need to become a desirable candidate for a range of communications-based roles, even if you are a complete novice.
Successful graduate, John Hammond, landed a communications role with West Sussex county council before he even finished the course. See our news feed
As a PR or communications professional you could be:
- managing the social media presence of a major company or brand
- writing quality press releases and acting as a first point-of-contact for journalists
- taking charge of solving a company’s PR crisis and ensuring their reputation remains intact
- using your skills to help organisations develop and maintain excellent relationships with the media
If you would like to become part of the exciting and thriving world of public relations, our comprehensive online PR course provides the ideal training ground.
CMP Charter Mark
The Charter Mark is our assurance of accredited educational quality.
We award it to students who have graduated from one of our courses or training programmes.
It helps them to find work.
Holders are licensed to use it on their websites, stationery, and social media profiles.
The Charter Mark guarantees that holders have achieved set standards of competence in a given field.
It gives employers confidence that applicants for staff positions or freelance work have received accredited training and independent assessment.
This course gets results
Individuals and businesses across the UK and beyond testify that this course met their needs.
And don't take our word for it:
When you finish
When you complete the course, you will receive two respected qualifications:
These recognised awards will add value to your CV, and help when you apply for PR jobs or freelance work.
We go the extra mile
We will still be here to help you, even after you have completed your course. There’s no cut-off point.
- personal careers advice
- help with your CV
- help looking for work
- a reference when applying for jobs
What happens when I enrol?
Once you have completed your enrolment form, and have paid your fee, we will be in touch very quickly via email, usually within 15-20 minutes, during office hours. We will send your introductory materials so you can get started.
There are no set enrolment dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
I enrolled on this course to push my development in the area of PR. The course was very good, much more than I expected. I learned lots about the internet and writing press releases. Glen Ruffle