Accredited business writing diploma
- £294.50 incl VAT. Payment options
- 3 x monthly payments of £98.16. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Ian Campbell
- Proficient English.
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 50-60 hours of study. You work at your own pace
- ABC Awards certificate of achievement & Accredited CMP diploma
- ABC Awards certificate of achievement | CMP diploma
- Awarding body:
- ABC awards
The course exceeded my expectations. It covered so many aspects of business writing. Cleland's feedback and support was so helpful. Comments were really thorough. The course content was really useful, and covered so many areas.
Elise Spicer: business writing course
The tutorial support was excellent and the course content was well structured, relevant and clearly presented. I learned new insights into writing for social media and websites in particular. I have already recommend the course to a friend.
Neil Kernohan: business writing course
I wanted to improve my writing skills and learn how to write effectively for business audiences. The course met my expectations entirely. In fact I didn't expect I would get that much value for such a reasonable price.
Iva Lazorova: business writing course
I did this course when I moved to the UK after staying in South Korea for two years. Cleland’s comments and suggestions were of great help to me. I feel it is a perfect course for those who have a passion for travelling and a flair for writing.
Ananya Banerjee: business writing course
Our business writing course equips you with the skills you need to produce effective and persuasive professional communications.
From emails and reports to webpages and social media content. Every organisation has a constant need for a variety of internal and external written communications.
However, many organisations send out badly-written documents, text which is full of grammatical errors and communications that are hard to read.
As well as helping many individuals with their business writing skills, this course is also used to train staff from some well respected organisations, including Harrow council, K3 Business Solutions, and the Scottish Qualifications Authority. See our other clients
Our comprehensive business writing course teaches you how to produce clear, concise and reader-friendly communications that boost your employability and enhance the reputation of your organisation.
Course graduate, Iva Lazorova, found our course exceeded her expectations and provided an opportunity to practice and perfect lots of different types of business writing. See her review
Another successful graduate, Elise Spicer said "The course content was really useful, and covered so many areas. It exceeded my expectations. It covered so many aspects of business writing." Read her review
Our comprehensive business writing course will teach you how to:
- write simple, effective and error-free business communications
- put together persuasive proposals, compelling newsletters and winning promotional copy
- produce results-driven web pages that attract clients and customers
- create tailored content for blogs and social media platforms
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback on every assignment.
When you graduate, you will receive the ABC awards certificate of achievment, and the accredited CMP diploma in business writing. Both qualifications are industry recognised, and prove you are a certified writer.
Enquire about this course
We usually reply to enquiries within 30 minutes during office hours, and up to one working day during busier periods. Please check your spam / junk folders if you can't see our email in your inbox.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards, and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the subjects they have completed as part of the course.
This business writing course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme
We will also email you the fully accredited CMP diploma in business writing, which is an industry recognised qualification that proves you are a qualified business writer.
These awards will enable you to apply for business writing jobs, develop your career, or help you find freelance work.
How does the course work?
Our courses are delivered online. This means you can study at a pace you're completely comfortable with and fit your course around your lifestyle.
You'll also benefit from having a personal course tutor who will mark your assignments, answer your questions and give helpful and friendly advice.
Who is this course for?
Our business writing course is for people of all ages and abilities. We've worked with:
- people looking to improve their writing and commincations skills, as part of their current roles
- small to large businesses, and freelancers who need to improve their communications
- experienced writers looking to refresh or redefine their skills
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of business writing.
Lesson 01: An introduction to business writing
- How to write attractive and effective text
- Write with your reader in mind
Lesson 02: Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use techniques and resources to improve your spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use appropriate and adaptable English grammar in your writing
Lesson 03: Expressing information accurately
- Analyse words and phrases to convey the correct meaning
- Apply techniques to ensure written content is accurate
Lesson 04: Avoiding jargon
- Define what jargon is and how to avoid it
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate uses of jargon
- Write words, phrases and sentences to eliminate jargon
Lesson 05: Writing for the web
- Learn skills that make web content relevant, focused and easy to read
- Write effective web content
Lesson 06: Writing effective emails
- Explain the problems that emerge when writing and handling emails
- Apply email etiquette
- Use techniques that will make emails consistent, effective and readable
Lesson 07: Writing impressive letters
- State why etiquette is important when writing business letters
- List the main points of etiquette needed for business letters
- Build the content of a letter from a skeleton
- Write an effective covering letter for a job application
Lesson 08: Writing summaries
- Identify when summaries are useful
- Prepare a document for summarising
- Reduce the number of words and prioritise the facts in a summary
Lesson 09: Persuasive writing
- When persuasive writing skills are needed
- Apply effective persuasive writing techniques
Lesson 10: Writing reports
- Why reports are used
- What most reports contain
- Plan, structure and write an effective report
Lesson 11: Writing for sales and promotion
- Explain and use techniques used in promotional copy, which covers anything to do with selling to businesses or consumers, including:
- Sales proposals
- Point-of-sale materials (posters, cut-outs etc)
Lesson 12: Using social media and blogs
- Understand the basics of social media
- Explain how to write copy for social media
- Know what a business blog is, and how to start and maintain one
How long will it take?
The duration of this course is approximately 60-80 hours. You fit these hours in whenever is best for you.
We offer complete flexibility, with no deadlines or time limits. This means you can study at a pace that you're completely comfortable with, and fit the course around your lifestyle.
On average, people take around three months to complete this course, but it doesn't matter if you take longer, each learner is different.
There are no set start dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
Price and payment
The price of our business writing course is £294.50 (incl. VAT). This fee can either be paid in full, or over three interest free monthly payments of £98.16.
Course tutor: Ian Campbell
Editor | subeditor | writer | journalist
MEN Media |Trinity Mirror |Liverpool Daily Post
We provide you with a personal tutor who will mentor you through the course, mark your assignments, and give you expert advice whenever you need it.
All our tutors are professionals who are still working in their sectors. They will be there to help you every step of the way. And you can contact them whenever you need to.
Our business writing course tutor is Ian Campbell.
He has been involved in writing throughout his career.
As a journalist, he developed a strong command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation and the ability to write clearly, concisely and with the reader in mind.
As a member of management, he became skilled in writing effective memos, reports, emails and other documents to directors and management team members.
Ian will mark your work, answer your questions and give you friendly help and advice.
It's important to study online with a provider you can trust. You will be in safe hands studying with us. We have been running our online courses since 2003.
We are listed on the government's UK Register of Learning Providers, which is run by the Department for Education.
We are fully accredited by three recognised organisations:
Our accrediting bodies have reciprocal arrangments with other countries, meaning you can study this course from anywhere in the world. We have students in more than 100 countries.
Student discount card
Our business writing course enables you to get an NUS student discount card, enabling you to save money on more than 170 brands across the UK.
You can get 10% off at the Co-op, 5% off at Amazon, 10% off at Superdrug, 10% off at New Look, and 20% off at WH Smith. Plus many more.
What will I need to study this course?
In order to study our business writing course, you will need the following:
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- Microsoft Word or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
How you could benefit as a better business writer
If you struggle to compose professional communications, our online business writing course will teach you how to put your thoughts on paper, clearly and effectively.
For many organisations, writing is treated as a secondary skill or even an after-thought.
However, professional and readable business communications can set you and your organisation apart from the competition.
Our online business writing course takes you back-to-basics and helps you develop your skills, with tutor support every step of the way.
We train you how to write communications which are grammatically correct, easy-to-read and convey the exact message you want to get across.
You will also learn how to construct webpages, business blogs and social media content that get results.
With your improved business writing skills, you could be:
- landing more employment and promotion opportunities through your professional emails and letters
- producing effective web content and promotional copy that helps your organisation win more business
- sending out communications that get the right response from customers, clients and colleagues
- developing your professional business writing skills can also lead to other opportunities.
Successful graduate, Denver Newter, landed a reporting job with the Solomon Star after completing our course. See his news
If you want to make a great impression with your words, our comprehensive business writing course trains you to produce clear and concise communications, each and every time.
When you finish
When you complete the course, you will receive two respected qualifications:
These recognised awards will add value to your CV, and help when you apply for writing jobs or freelance work.
We go the extra mile
We will still be here to help you, even after you have completed your course. There’s no cut-off point.
- personal careers advice
- help with your CV
- help looking for work
- a reference when applying for jobs
What happens when I enrol?
Once you have completed your enrolment form, and have paid your fee, we will be in touch very quickly via email, usually within 15-20 minutes, during office hours. We will send your introductory materials so you can get started.
There are no set enrolment dates. You can enrol and begin studying whenever suits you.
I wanted to improve my writing skills and learn how to write effectively for business audiences. The course met my expectations entirely. In fact I didn't expect I would get that much value for such a reasonable price. Iva Lazorova
I did this course when I moved to the UK after staying in South Korea for two years. Cleland’s comments and suggestions were of great help to me. I feel it is a perfect course for those who have a passion for travelling and a flair for writing. Ananya Banerjee