Accredited self-publishing diploma
Self-publishing level 4 diploma
- £294.50 incl VAT. Payment options
- 3 x monthly payments of £98.16. No charges, interest or credit checks.
- Jennie Harborth
- Good basic English
- Duration / hours:
- Approximately 40-60 hours of study. You work at your own pace
- ABC | EADL | ABCC | IADL
- ABC Awards level 4 diploma
- Awarding body:
- ABC Awards
The course met my expectations. The tutorial support was superb, and the course content was very high quality.
Jackie Brown: self publishing course
If you are not satisfied after you have completed your course, we will refund your fee – no questions asked. See details
Our self-publishing course equips you with the skills you need to publish your manuscript as an ebook or paperback.
Self-publishing is highly-satisfying. It can also bring financial rewards.
Our online self-publishing course takes you through each stage of the process.
We help you harness your existing knowledge of word processing software to format your manuscript.
You will also learn how to design and create a beautiful cover.
We then show you how to publish your book on the main e-platforms and effectively market your work to maximise your sales.
You will benefit from the training we offer no matter what stage of the writing process you are currently at, from experienced author to complete beginner.
We can also help you if you want to earn money publishing other people’s work.
You will enjoy full support throughout from a tutor who has successfully published books on Kindle and CreateSpace, using the very techniques you will learn during the course.
Our comprehensive self-publishing course teaches you:
- the key features of self-publishing and why it could be a great option for getting your book into print
- formatting and editing manuscripts to a publishable standard
- the right way to prepare your manuscript for publication, including writing a blurb and author bio
- how to upload and publish your ebook or paperback
- the power of the author ‘brand’ and how you can drive sales of your published book
Enquire about this course
We usually reply to enquiries within 30 minutes during office hours, and up to one working day during busier periods. Please check your spam / junk folders if you can't see our email in your inbox.
Watch our video to learn more about us:
Here's what we provide. Compare it with other colleges
10 lessons and 9 assignments, personally marked by a tutor with in depth feedback.
Tutorial support, even after you've completed the course.
Rapid turn-around time. Usually 24 hours, weekdays.
Help getting a job, and career guidance.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards, and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the subjects you have completed as part of the course.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme
We will also email you the fully accredited CMP diploma, which is recognised throughout many different industries, and will enable you to apply for jobs, or gain regular freelance work.
This course covers everything you need to know to get started in the world of self publishing.
Lesson 01: Introduction
- List the advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing
- Discuss what self-publishing entails
- Describe your self-publishing options
- Explain why you must be professional
Lesson 02: Preparation
- Create your brand
- Choose your category and market
- Create your keywords, title and subtitle
- Write your blurb and bio
Lesson 03: Plan your book
- Set up your writing space and plan your strategy
- Organise and back up your documents
- Plan your book's layout
- Choose a house style
Lesson 04: Format your book
- Work with MS Word and CSP templates
- Work with MS Word formatting styles
- Start writing / formatting your book
- Create the front and back matter
Lesson 05: Edit your book
- Commission beta readers to test your book
- Do a basic copy edit and proofread
- Brief a copy editor and proofreader
- Get your book reviewed
Lesson 06: Upload your book
- Set up a CSP account
- Start your CSP project
- Get an ISBN
- Upload your manuscript to CSP
Lesson 07: Create your book cover
- Explain why a good cover is important
- Discuss cover elements
- Design a cover
- Make a cover using MS Word
Lesson 08: Publish your book
- Upload your cover
- Set up your sales information
- Publish your book on CSP
- Publish your book on Kindle
Lesson 09: Power up your sales
- Perfect your sales details
- Get good reviews
- Use Amazon promotions
- Track your sales
Lesson 10: Market your book
- Discuss your objectives
- Explain the difference between active and passive marketing
- Work the web
- Market your book directly to buyers
Where you could fit in as a self-published author
Authors now enjoy complete freedom over the entire book publishing process, from printing to selling. And the outlay is minimal.
This means there has never been a better time to finally get that masterpiece out into the world!
Our self-publishing course helps you design and format your entire book from cover to cover. You will also learn how to publish your manuscript as an ebook and a paperback.
Even if you have yet to write your book, you will still benefit from our online self-publishing course.
You can write your book as you work through our course.
You could even publish the public domain stories we provide for free. As a successful self-published author, you could be:
- raising your profile as a writer and gaining the attention of traditional publishers
- building your reputation as an expert in a particular niche or field
- starting as an exciting career or hobby as a published novelist or non-fiction writer
- fulfilling your writing ambitions on your own terms
Former student, Jackie Brown, found our tutorial support ‘superb’ and the content of our course ‘very high quality’. See her review
If you would like to learn how to get fiction or non-fiction books into print, our comprehensive self-publishing course will teach you all you need to know.
Course tutor: Jennie Harborth
Editor | proofreader | designer
Clean Copy Editing | College of Media and Publishing
Jennie has formatted, designed and edited most of CMP's ebooks and printed publications.
She is an experienced tutor and has been involved in programming, graphic and web design, photography, art, proofreading and copy editing.
She will mark your work, answer your questions and give you friendly help and advice.
This course gets results
Individuals and businesses across the UK and beyond testify that ouir courses met their needs.
And don't take our word for it:
You will have access to our Online Learning Area, where you can:
- download course materials
- submit assignments
- use our college libraries and resources
- chat to other students
- keep up-to-date with college news
Our turn-around time for marking work is three working days. We usually provide same-day tutorial support on weekdays.
Download our free eBook
When you finish
When you complete the course, you will receive two respected qualifications:
These recognised awards will add value to your CV, as well as give you the skills to self-publish your own writing, across traditional and new media platforms.
What you need to study self publishing
- access to a computer, tablet or similar device
- internet access
- Microsoft Word or equivalent: OpenOffice, iWork pages
- an email account
- a camera and a video recorder. Smartphones or tablets are acceptable
The course met my expectations. The tutorial support was superb, and the course content was very high quality. Jackie Brown