Blogging course subjects
This course covers every aspect of blogging. Each lesson includes a practical assignment which is based on the real world of blogging. All assignments are personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll be receiving expert feedback at each stage of the course.
Lesson 01: Starting your blog
- Name, create and design your own blog, using standard web tools.
- State some of the common terminology used in blogging.
Lesson 02: What to write
- Identify the purpose of an effective posting.
- Learn how to research and form a valid opinion for each posting.
- Create content about celebrities and VIPs.
Lesson 03: Who to write for
- Define your blog’s target reader.
- Adapt your content and writing style to suit their needs.
Lesson 04: Writing techniques
- Make your postings clear, engaging and interesting.
- Apply keywords effectively.
Lesson 05: Getting noticed
- Ensure your blog is correctly listed.
- Optimise your blog so that search engines find it.
- Use social media and other tools to promote your blog and boost traffic.
Lesson 06: Keeping your blog legal
- Understand and apply the laws that can affect bloggers.
- Write controversial posts that keep within the laws of libel.
- Apply copyright law correctly.
Lesson 07: Maintaining and developing your blog
- Use tools and techniques to ensure your blog’s long-term popularity.
- Draw up a social media action plan.
Lesson 08: Live blogging
- Use tools to blog about live events from your smartphone or tablet.