Ben graduated from our freelance journalism course and has worked for various businesses, including Nestlé.
Ben started working at Nestlé in March 2015 as an editorial writer, and was recently promoted to R&D Communications.
Before his recent promotion, Ben was the senior corporate communications specialist, his responsibilities included:
- Global social media management role with responsibility for creating, commissioning and publishing content for global social channels.
- Focused on maximising external PR opportunities, but also working closely with Corporate Media Relations and Public Affairs to manage corporate issues across digital.
- Responsibility for strategic decisions relating to corporate social media listening, engagement and reporting.
- Day-to-day management of a ‘quick response’ social media team.
Ben’s previous work includes:
- William Reed Business Media Ltd (June 2010 – March 2015).
- International Property Media (May 2008 – October 2009).
- Giraffe Media (September 2006 – April 2008).
If you enjoy experimenting with new ingredients, trying different cuisines and uncovering the very best places to eat, becoming a professional food journalist is a great way to indulge your passion. And you can get paid for it!
As well as helping many individuals become successful food journalists, this course is also used to train staff from some well respected organisations, including Farmers Weekly magazine, William Reed Business, Poultry World magazine and RBI.
See our Freelance journalism course