Our Social Media Marketing course explains how to use Facebook to market a business and how to create interesting and engaging content.
The most important things to remember are:
- Use a recognisable logo or image.
- Choose an engaging cover photo.
- Add a call-to-action button such as “Learn More”.
- Fill in the About section with your basic business information.
There are six things to keep in mind when writing Facebook posts:
Ask a question
People automatically try to answer questions, so, when they do that, you already have them hooked.
Keep it short
Make every word count, and don’t waffle. Try to stick to a maximum of 160 characters.
Tell people exactly what you want them to do and provide a call to action
If you have asked them a question, you need to show them where to find the answer, and of course, get them to go to your website and buy something. Make this as easy as possible, using simple and clear language, so that anyone will understand it.
Offer useful information
Don’t tell them everything you want them to know, but give them an enticing snippet to excite them and make them want to click on your link to find out more.
Be positive and upbeat
If you are positive, inspirational or funny, people will engage. If you say something negative, they may agree, but then may go away depressed or angry and not click on your link.
Almost always post an image or a video
Images and videos carry a lot of weight when it comes to engagement.
When and how often to post
There are no set rules about the best time to post to Facebook, or the frequency of your posts. It all depends on who your audience is, where they live, what their daily schedules are like, etc.
It also depends on when your posting is relevant: for example, timed for a launch, or a special offer.
So, the best way to find out is to watch what happens when you do post. Start off posting regularly, a few times a day, and check your Facebook Insights to see how your audience responds.
Just click on Insights. This will show you how and when your audience has responded.
How to manage your Facebook posts
Now that you know how to set up a Facebook Page and write posts, you also need to know how to keep the momentum going. Post regularly and people will start to remember your brand. You also want to develop a relationship with your potential customers.
Here is how to manage it:
- Target posts to make sure your content reaches the right audience.
- Create a two-way conversation by inviting comments on the post.
- Share exclusive discounts and promotions with the business’s followers.
- Give followers access to exclusive information.
- Be “timely”: respond to comments promptly and ensure that posts are topical.
- Evaluate: use Facebook’s Insight tools to check the impact of your posts.
See our social media marketing course